Monday, November 23, 2009

Sooo... Mulat works?

I know this blog is usually on the light side and very hilarious thanks to Big John aka Nappy Face aka Hans Moleman skin tone lookin’ ass nigga. Any who, A friend of mine showed me this via facebook post. The only way I get my news, info, status, data, dates and opinions. But I felt it was appropriate seeing as how this is the Mulats’ blog. He, my friend mprvs Johnson, being a fully African American guy, feels that if you’re a smidgen of black (even octoroon) you’re all black. Most opinions I’ve heard regarding this topic are from fullies who feel the same. The people in this documentary who are half-breeds mulats, halfies, oreos and yellow bones feel well, just peep.



If you couldn’t tell by the title, this documentary’s preview has a tone quite the opposite of my friend who showed me this. These part black human beings have a few different feelings about their ethnicity. But the most obvious shared sentiment I could see was they felt that they didn’t just see themselves as just black people. So what do I feel? I know that’s what you’re all asking yourselves. (All two of you) I feel human, I am black and I am Mexican. I don’t really fit any mold really, unless you want to get racist. Because I am pretty lazy and always late. I love friend chicken, lusting over big asses, and working 3 kitchen jobs while wearing cowboy boots and guyaberas with The Virgin Mary on the back. (Ok that last one was pretty racist and not true. )But I would be all that if I was white blue or polka dot. Or would I? Wearing my psychologist hat, I feel human beings personalities are developed from nurturing not born hard wiring, meaning we learn who we are. And these people in this clip are not like me. I grew up in the south Bay Area and it is different growing up mulat here than in other places. Some halfies I know are sooo damn “black” culturally and I know some fullies who are “oreos” Me, I’m human. I have felt prejudice; it has been tough being of mix race many times. But it’s nothing that has hindered me enough to bitch too much. Maybe I’m lucky, maybe I have some experiences to come, or maybe I’m just that fucking awesome?
King Jaffe Out!

No comments: