Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"If you do the Bart, you're bad like Michael Jackson"

"Fuck a two-step, we in the club doin' the Bartman!"--Celph Titled

Sometime between 1st and 2nd grade, I was sitting in my grandparents living room, eating a Twinkie or a Flintstones push pop(my grandparents didn't fuck around with the snacks, fully stocked at all times) and I saw this for the first time. I heard that Michael Jackson wrote this.

No one making up stupid dances to bad raps could achieve such grandeur...except the Jamaicans. Anything dancehall touches makes half the planet go ape shit on the dancefloor, however, I digress.

Oh yeah, remember these, too? I saw some dude playing basketball with this shirt on back then.


Flea markets had so many variations of the Black Bart Simpson. In Amsterdam I saw some skinny Dutch guy wearing one with a Jamaican Bart with dreadlocks, complete with weed leaves in the background saying "Don't have a cow, mon." Shit was global.

This one is good too.

No comments: